This article says OhmStudio has Midi out internally, where is it?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

This article says OhmStudio has Midi out internally, where is it?
  • This article here:

It says that there is midi out for internal instruments. I've been wanting to use my software Arp instrument to control my other softsynths in Ohm Studio, but I don't see how this is set up. Is it possible or is that article wrong? And how is it set up to make my Arp track control my softsynth track?
  • It says you need a 3rd party plugin to get a Midi out. Now you can use the link provided and install it but what you ask is also to route your midi out to your midi in. This can also be done, but it's not a part from that tutorial. You need loopBe:

http://www.nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html

This will allow to route your midi output to your midi input. I've been using this to drive FLStudio with Ohm Studio so I am positive it works ^^

• Thanks for the link, though unfortunately I'm on a Mac and can't use that program.

In that article I posted, I was wondering what Nick is refering to when he says "As you may have found out OHM_studio now has midi out for internal devices but not for external ones." It sounds like he is saying that Ohm Studio can already route midi out to it's midi in, which isn't true, unless there is something he isn't mentioning. 
  • If you're on a mac, I've read that it does it right out of the box without 3rd party software.

About the sentence he just meant that you can now control on what midi channel you're recording in a clip.

• red_force said:

If you're on a mac, I've read that it does it right out of the box without 3rd party software.

Are you referring to the IPH Midiout software or the Loopbe1? I was able to setup the IPH Midiout successfully, so it's nice to be able to use external gear now. I wish there was a way I could use Loopbe1. I think this is #1 on my wishlist of things to get integrated into OhmStudio, as I have Numerology and Kirnu Cream and possibly will buy other sequencer/arp programs in the future.
  • Hi

Currently there's no MIDI routing inside Ohm Studio (it is only possible with 3rd party VST like bidule for example).

This feature is high on our wishlist too, but it will only be available when the new audio engine is ready, as explained here:
    http://www.ohmstudio.com/news/update-2013-04

Thank you.

• You can, of course, use plugins like MuX (from mutools, still PC-only for MuX unfortunately) or similar (I forget which Plogue product it is..!).  Of course, a "native" solution would be much nicer (no having to register your plugins to a second VST host, for a start, but also the usual benefit that you could rely on anyone with OhmStudio to have it).
  • pljones, Bidule that is (the Plogue product)