Some questions about OHM and what to post and not to post and where to post it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Some questions about OHM and what to post and not to post and where to post it
  •  

Hi all,

I have posted a good many projects most of which are public.
    At least half of them I posted for other people to use as they like. Should I
    leave them up or should I take the down at some point? Where do we want to
    store finished collaborations? Someone is paying for this server space!!

I have more than 30
    gigs of recorded music on my system, some midi and some audio. They have been
    created over a number of years. Most likely have another 30 gigs laying around
    on old drives!! Lol I also am recording new stuff almost every day. Damn music
    is worse than drugs!!

Two points here. I have a ton of stuff anyone can use if you
    ask. Bass and drum lines to a thousand cover tunes….some good, some real crap!!
    In some cases both midi and .wav.

I will ask this one more time because I think it is
    important. Where do we store finished collaborations?

• Hi Billy, hi all,
    This is all cool projects that you bring here. Keep amazing us, Billy! When you invite me, I look and if I find time and  place, I play on it. But unfortunately, I have very little time for that.
    Personally, I try to keep in my dashboard the minimum number of projects that I can deal with really well. Otherwise, I'm drowning in too much various directions. I think it misses an archiving structure in ohmstudio. I had already noted here. For example, to help us in managing projects, there might be an archive directory (backup of existing project), a directory of finished projects (with a connection to a collective showroom), a directory of ongoing projects, a directory of inactive projects (backup of "futur" projects), etc??
    all the best
    alex

• Hi.

Actually we'd love Ohm Studio to become a place to easily share Audio data, Midi data, project templates, Plugin Presets, video tutorials etc... and of course human skills and talents... everything that would make Ohm Studio a "complete" collaboration platform.
    Of course that is not the case yet, but that's a long term goal we hope to achieve.

Anyway that's a little off topic but you may want to have a look at this.
    http://comelody.com/melodo
    I haven't tried it yet but it looks interesting as far as collaboration and sharing goes.

thanks