through a proxy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

through a proxy
  • can you use OHM studio through a proxy?

I can't see anything in settings.

I would use it for school students to collaborate or for me to make changes and suggestions for their work (school runs a proxy) 

Jay
  • Hi jayendra.

It depends on the proxy settings I believe, but from what we know, it won't work in most cases.
    https://www.ohmstudio.com/doc/faq#notreachable

We haven't really studied the problem to be honest but we certainly will in the future as we know that some schools and music teachers are intersted in Ohm Studio's concept.
    We think that the software still need some improvements before it can really be considered as a teaching tool though, so maybe after the end of the beta...

Thanks

• Hey there,

My IT manager has unblocked the ports but it's crashing at the loadup when it gets to 'checking for updates' (just exits out)
  • Also what do you think the price would be for a computer lab of 12 computers?
  • My IT manager says its not the proxy (He's unblocked), but rather the program is not finding the proxy, similar issue to Google Chrome - program is not smart enough.
  • "basically it tries to go straight out to net. If it picked up IE's proxy setting it would work"
  • jayendra said:

My IT manager says its not the proxy (He's unblocked), but rather the program is not finding the proxy, similar issue to Google Chrome - program is not smart enough.

Hi jayendra.

Your IT manager is probably right.
    As I said we still have not studied the technical aspects of using Ohm Studio through a proxy and we still feel that the software is not ready yet for schools and educational purposes. That is also why there's no offer for groups yet, other than the individual monthly subscription price. Of course we're working hard to get there with the help of the beta testers but we don't want to "put the cart before the horse" if you see what I mean.

Thanks