No-one else here!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

No-one else here!!
  • Perhaps I've missed something in the set-up, but when I log in I am the only person in the chatroom and there are no public projects visible! I'm sure something is wrong!
  • Hello rjones!

I believe that's because we haven't invited anybody to the beta testing in a long while!  :D

But feel free to give your opinion on the matter, about what you think is missing or confusing with the program...
    Although we cannot promise to fulfill everybody's wishes, we promise to read and consider all your comments.

Currently, there are a few enthusiastic beta tester that are able to use the Ohm Studio for collaboration. I hope you can find them online and make music together.
    Otherwise you can also invite your friends to the beta test.
    And you can also use the website to search for public projects. The website is being redesigned right now and we'll launch the new version soon.

Thanks.
  • What might be cool is something like a scheduling white board where people can publish times they're expect to be online.
  • That sounds like a very good idea.
    Although I don't know if people would use it a lot. Maybe if it's well integrated inside the famous social network?  :) ... but some people might complain that Ohm Studio == big brother.

Maybe we need to have a mobile app that shows who's currently online on Ohm Studio and let you chat with them, and maybe let you hear a work in progress of the project your friends are working on.

Actually we don't really know yet if people are interested in the social
    networking and community aspects of Ohm Studio, or if they only want to be able to
    work with their band/friends.

• I can only speak for myself, but the concept of being able to network easily with other musicians, not only outside of your 'close' peers, but on a global scale, is revolutionary in the field of music production. There are no other accessible options that I know of, which allow you direct collaboration.
    Stick with it, it'll probably take some time, but once the small problems are ironed out I'm sure a lot of people will find it a great avenue for creative development/exploration..
  • Oh, I was assuming "opt in" and you'd want to be able to filter based on skills and interests etc, etc...  But yeah, I've had the feeling some people see Ohm Studio as "an easy way to exchange project files" rather than real online collaboration in (near) real-time.  There are other places you can go to work collaboratively by exchanging project files, of course -- whilst you have to share the same host, you're not tied to any particular one.

So Ohm Studio has to find that unique selling point to hook people with.  Making it easy to find someone who's "here, now" would help.  (But you'll always be dependent on the sun and where most people with internet live...)
  • The networking and community aspects are what interest me the most...
  • Pareil... j'aime bien l'idée de faire de la musique avec des inconnus et ce de deux manières:

Random : faire de la musique avec n'importe-qui, peu importe le style
    Par sélection de genre ou avec des mots clefs [Deep-house] [Drill N Bass] [Cheesy Dub Step] [Glitch Hiphop] etc etc
  • in the project there is a tab for project chat and general chat

i suggest a third tab, for project notes, like a sticky post-it, that will not disappear and those actually contributing can leave comments, ideas, liner notes, vst info, thumbsups, whatsups,'i did this'...etc,etc......
  • i just saw mention in the chat that there is a sticky note available already within the project?

cool, i could not find it anywhere....any help?
  • Right click on a track.  It's only available on tracks right now.  Feature Request made absolutely ages ago to enhance it (it was, at one point, removed completely)...
  • got it, thanks plj

this seems critical to me..gotta know who is doing what, what key bits are in, etc....and its a community builder, closest to where the action is
  • Yeah, a handy "project notepad" like you mentioned would be useful.
  • We used to have something called "project internal thread" that did exactly that.
    But it was only available on the website and nobody was using it.
    So yellow force decided to remove it. :)

• the lil postit are working great, i asked that ppl remember to freeze midi and they all have, so...cool

a great addition where there are the style, and genre buttons would be Hip Hop (not the same as rap)

and!

KEY! or chord progression........if anyone cares about that, i know i do
  • Hi simmerdown,

The tags will be changed "soon" (I shouldn't use this word too much :D ).
    Here is a list we agreed on (after hours of debate)

GENRES

Alternative
    Ambient
    Blues
    Classical
    Country
    Dance
    Drum & Bass
    Dubstep
    Electronic
    Experimental
    Folk