BSOD Win XP when ohm_studio_guest.exe does not terminate

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

BSOD Win XP when ohm_studio_guest.exe does not terminate
  • Hi---I get BSOD's daily when using Ohm Studio. It seems to have to do with the process ohm_studio_guest.exe not terminating when there is a crash of the Ohm Studio app.  A typical example is that I will be in a session...and then the program will freeze...or sometimes when I exit out the program the ohm_studio_guest.exe process will keep running.  The ohm_studio_net_mp_host.exe will terminate correctly if I kill the process in Task Manager...but the ohm_studio_guest will continue to run.....or sometimes I will be able to kill the ohm_studio_guest once and then if i try again I will get a BSOD.  When I try to kill the ohm_studio_guest process there may be a clicking audio sound that repeats itself with the BSOD which is this:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    STOP: 0x000000D1 (0XAC2D76C2, 0x0000000A, 0x00000000, 0xB02CE331)
    hal10kx2k.sys adress B02CE331 base at B023C000, date stamp 4ba2087f

My PC Specs:

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
    2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i5 750
    Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P7P55D PRO Rev 1.xx
    Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
    Corsair Dominator PC10666 RAM two 2 GIG DIMM's

I have suspicion that this is a hardware and/or driver issue on my end (which I'm not sure how to troubleshoot--I just updated my soundcard drivers and I was going to update my BIOS software) as I get occasional BSOD's when doing other things, but this BSOD is very repeatable when that  ohm_studio_guest.exe does not terminate.
  • A random suggestion: before trying to kill ohm_studio_guest, try first to deactivate the driver in the Device Manager. Kill the process then reactivate the driver. I sometimes had problems with a Creative sound device too and the deactivate/activate trick helped a lot.
  • Hi Herman.

Do you also use your Audigy 2 ZS with ASIO4ALL drivers?
  • Hi Orange, yes I use the ASIO4ALL drivers.  And fire sledge that sounds like a good thing to try--I have read that the hal10kx2k.sys stop errors often have to do with the creative sound cards....