Are there provisions being made to allow the public to listen to your finished project?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Are there provisions being made to allow the public to listen to your finished project?
  • Are there provisions being made to allow the public to listen to your finished project?  Say, like Soundcloud?

This would be a very valuable feature for friends, family, etc. to listen to your projects if you want.

• When you're in a project and you do File->Export Audio, you have the option to export to project page (for projects you own).

If you go to your profile and list your projects, you see the exported audio.  So long as your project isn't hidden, I think anyone can see this information.

Here's one I found just wandering around...
    http://www.ohmstudio.com/node/13849
  • Yes, but you have to login to examine the projects.  I mean being able to provide projects to public listeners without ohmstudio beta accounts.  An Ohmstudio public listening web site.
  • Hi bringkeys

Once you have used the "export to project page" function, people without ohm studio accounts can listen to your project.
    Also you can go to your profile page and click on "edit showcase" to choose which projects of yours you want to showcase on your profile here:
    http://www.ohmstudio.com/users/bringkeys

• nice, but thats not where the traffic is....yet

in addition a Ohm users group on Soundcloud would be good imo, and good promo for Ohm, free advertising
  • About traffic, we plan to let you play with the usual Face book / twitter icons. Now Soundcloud... is obviously a comfort thing - as you can bounce and upload. Well, if we speak about comfort related features, that's one thing... in a big list =)
  • oh yeh, it need not be direct from ohm to SC, bounce an re-up is fine...what i meant is that you Ohms should start a group there for Ohm members with SC accounts  to post/ link work, as it will def draw people to Ohm

anybody could start it, and probably will, but if you want to be admin, it should be one of the force...
  • I think it's really fine if somebody else than us is admin. I think any other way would seem like we claim that we have some right over the production of the Ohm users. I think the point of all those website, wether it's soundcloud or ohmstudio.com, is to see people publishing themselves. 
  • There is a soundcloud group for Ohm.It is run by Neon
  • Facebook is the the best traffic catcher as long as the ohm logo appears with some clever catch phrase on your wall.