i realise its a beta but....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

i realise its a beta but....
  • i cant do squat in my own projects without getting kicked out

guess im the only one

but

shit, only so many hours in the day

i'll check back when its been updated a few more times......
  • I simmerdown,

You're actually not the only one. We're currently trying to find what is causing the problem.
    Could you please answer the following questions if you have the time:
    1. Are you on Mac or Windows?
    2. Are there other people using your Internet connection?
    3. Are there other softwares running on your computer that might cause important network activity?
    4. What is your upload and download speed?
    5. Do you sometimes play online video games? And if yes do you have problems because of "high ping" value?

To get a better understanding of this bug, it would be very interesting to know what you were doing during the last 15 seconds before you get kicked out of your project. In particular, do you think you were uploading audio data?

If not, are you aware of possible connection issues with your Internet service provider?

Thanks a lot.

1. Are you on Mac or Windows? win7

1. Are there other people using your Internet connection? sometimes, not everytime for sure

2. Are there other softwares running on your computer that might cause important network activity? nope
    3. What is your upload and download speed? 54mbps
    4. Do you sometimes play online video games? And if yes do you have problems because of "high ping" value? no games here

To get a better understanding of this bug, it would be very interesting to know what you were doing during the last 15 seconds before you get kicked out of your project. In particular, do you think you were uploading audio data? YES! i was definitely  still uploading, i had put several .wav loops and there were, and are, still not completed in upload info view...i do not need to do anything at all, i tested several times...if i open the project i can sit and do nothing, it will crash after approx. 30 secs every time

If not, are you aware of possible connection issues with your Internet service provider? connection good

i would like to be able to upload mp3 or ogg files, because of course they upload so much more quickly...but nothing happens with either format when i try to drag-n-drop, or go thru file/open

thanks for looking into it, i really do enjoy ohm and def want to stay a part in the beta....

• Thank you for your answers.

It seems that the uploading of samlpes is somehow "blocking" other communications with the server.
    We haven't fixed that problem yet but we'll release a new version soon (hopefully tomorrow) that should make this problem less frequent by increasing the time it takes before the server closes your connection (if that makes sense?).
  • great! look forward to the next version
  • it worked!! total stability now (so far, knock knock)
  • Ok good to know!  Thank you for your help.
    :)