Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• I'm sometimes look around the website to listen to ohmies productions. Since the bug of the reader is fixed, it's near from perfect. But I think you should improve:

1 - (very simple) : sort from recent to older project (if you browse some prolifix ohmie, you need to go through dozen of pages... to see his last project)

2 - an option: display/not display in the dashboard. I know there is a "hide" option, but I find it too much radical (invisible project can't be found by search engine). With option "display/not display in the dashboard", the dashboard can show only selected projects, that is to say quality project. The dashboard could become a kind of a wider showroom. Now, it's a big mess of test, minor project...

Third and more important suggestion:
    3 - A general host (homepage) for actual musical productions of ohmstudio. An attractive page could really attract people and help to review current good productions. To avoid this selection to be in the charge of one guy of ohm force, you could distribute one ticket per month  to each ohmie (or by week: the rate is to be decided according to the flow). This ticket allow to present one ohmstudio project (he must be admin). A field should be provided to present the musicians or indicate a link, ideally: a picture could be included...

Projects would be replaced by order of arrival (there is for say 20 slots), or after a month.

Everyone ohmie could vote for the projects (like), that would create a kind of charts: the prefered projects could stay visible in the chart as long as people like them (but the score should be a mean of the month)

In summary, I propose that there is two general showrooms in a new home page of ohmstudio:
    - one for ohmies: selection of their recent work by themself
    - one showroom for charts of ohmstudio (the rankings of the "best" productions).

• I approve myself: the ohm projects are the best emulation, showcase and advertising for ohmstudio

:D
  • Hey,

Thanks for the ideas alexone. I like the 3! My dream is we have an "ohm radio" someday :)

I'll write down them.
  • alexone said:

Since the bug of the reader is fixed, it's near from perfect.

Hi

I just wanted to say that the Player bug is NOT fixed for me.
    I hope the web developer will fix it soon.

alexone said:

3 - A general host (homepage) for actual musical productions of ohmstudio. An attractive page could really attract people and help to review current good productions.

I also agree with this.
    It's funny because alexone already did a similar suggestions back in 2012:
    http://forum.ohmstudio.com/discussion/533/general-showcase
    You have to respect his perseverance!
    Hopefully Ohm Force will listen to him this time.

I remember that there used to be a general showcase directly accessible from the website homepage before Ohm Force chose to remove the link it seems.
    It was called "featured project"
    Actually it is still working here (although it has not been updated since 2012 I think):
    http://www.ohmstudio.com/sessions/list

It's really sad that Ohm Force chose to redesign their Homepage, not once but twice, and both time chose to neglect this important aspect.
    They could bring back the Featured Project list now, as it's better than nothing in my opinion.
  • I didn't remember I had already made this suggestion
    @-)

It's indeed an old concern.

Thank you Tiam!