FirstEnergy Stadium on opening weekend."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FirstEnergy Stadium on opening weekend."
  •  />Skip to main
    contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesDawgs EDTShare this storyShare this on
    FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options
    for:Browns to honor Otto Graham with a
    statueTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailThe Cleveland Browns will honor
    Hall of Fame quarterback Otto Graham with a statue at FirstEnergy Stadium.The
    statue https://www.brownsfanshop.com/hats ,
    which will be created by nationally-recognized sculptor David L. Deming, will be
    unveiled on September 7 as part of the team’s Fantennial Weekend and Alumni
    Weekend. Following the event, fans will have the opportunity to meet Browns
    alumni and attend autograph sessions.The statue is another way for the Browns to
    recognize major team contributors, team owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam said in a
    prepared statement via clevelandbrowns.com:It is just the latest honor for
    Graham this summer, as he was previously named as the fifth-best quarterback in
    league history by NFL.com. Graham was the first player signed by head coach Paul
    Brown as he began assembling his team for the new All-America Football
    Conference. During his 10-year career with the Browns, which started on
    September 6 Cleveland Browns
    Hoodie
    , 1946, when he threw his first career touchdown pass in a
    44-0 win against the Miami Seahawks, Graham would lead the Browns to 10 league
    title games and seven championships.The final game of his career game came in
    the 1955 NFL Championship Game as Graham threw for two touchdown passes and ran
    for two more to lead the Browns to a 38-14 win against the Los Angeles Rams.
    That season marked the ninth time that Graham was selected as first-team
    all-league quarterback.Graham was enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame
    in 1965, one of 16 Browns currently in the hall.He joins running back Jim Brown
    as team legends to be honored with a statue at FirstEnergy Stadium. Maybe now
    that the Graham statue is in the works, the Haslams can start preparations for a
    statue to honor former head coach Paul Brown. Browns defensive end Myles Garrett
    said this offseason that he felt limited while playing in the defense put
    together by Gregg Williams in Cleveland and that he was looking forward to more
    freedom this season.Williams now runs the defense for the Jets, so he got to see
    the freer Garrett in person on Monday night and it was certainly an active
    performance for the 2017 first overall pick. Garrett had three sacks https://www.brownsfanshop.com/James-Burgess-Jersey ,
    two roughing the passer penalties — one of which knocked Trevor Siemian out of
    the game — and two offside penalties over the course of Cleveland’s 23-3 win and
    the effort left him with a mixed review of the night’s work.“I’m glad about the
    sacks. I’m glad about how we did overall on defense keeping the New York Jets to
    just three points. Keeping Le’Veon Bell mostly under wraps, knowing he is a
    threat at all times. The best part is getting the win. Getting that weight off
    of us. Gaining the momentum to stack some wins. Also, disappointed in those
    penalties and those negative plays against my team. I’m supposed to be a leader
    on this defense and this team so, I can’t be saying that and doing that and also
    having those negative plays effecting my team like that.”Garrett was also
    penalized for unnecessary roughness in the season opener and head coach Freddie
    Kitchens said the team will continue to work with Garrett to make sure that the
    positives outweigh the negatives on the field.“I mean, that’s the only thing you
    can do, and help him Jim Brown Color Rush
    Jersey
    , put him in situations, communicate with him to put him in
    situations to make better decisions,” Kitchens said. “It’s a decision-making
    deal and he’ll still continue to work on his decisions.”Garrett’s five sacks
    lead the league through two weeks. The Browns would like to see that number grow
    while the penalties stop piling up.