elsewhere.Matt Nagy went through the same process la

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

elsewhere.Matt Nagy went through the same process la
  • KANSAS
    CITY [url=http://www.authenticsatlantafalcons.com/cheap-john-cominsky-jersey]John
    Cominsky Jersey[/url] , Mo. — Doug Pederson went through this grind a few years
    ago, juggling the demands of his primary job as the offensive coordinator of the
    Kansas City Chiefs with overtures from NFL teams elsewhere.Matt Nagy went
    through the same process last winter.Now, Eric Bieniemy is getting his turn.The
    latest hot commodity for NFL head coaching jobs, Bieniemy spent part of the
    Chiefs’ bye week speaking with representatives from the Dolphins, Bengals,
    Buccaneers and Jets while turning down an opportunity to interview with
    Arizona.The Bucs wound up choosing Bruce Arians, but the other jobs remain open
    even as Bieniemy prepares the Chiefs to face the Indianapolis Colts in
    Saturday’s divisional round.Bieniemy declined to go into details about the
    interviews Wednesday, preferring to focus entirely on the only certainty in his
    professional life.But when asked about his latest sought-after assistant, Chiefs
    coach Andy Reid seemed resigned to the possibility of losing him.“I think you
    guys know I am a big fan of his,” Reid said. “I think he would be phenomenal.”So
    does just about everyone in the Kansas City locker room.Even though he played
    running back in college and the NFL, the affable and outspoken Bieniemy has
    been a crucial player in the development of first-year starter Patrick Mahomes.
    He has taken an offense that was good with Alex Smith under center and turned it
    into a record-setting group, one that hardly missed a beat when reigning NFL
    rushing champ Kareem Hunt was released midway through the season.He turned
    journeymen such as running backs Spencer Ware and Damien Williams into crucial
    players, and elevated stars such as wide receiver Tyreek Hill and tight end
    Travis Kelce to another level.All told, the Chiefs scored 565 points this
    season, the third most in NFL history.“He has that mindset, work ethic and
    determination you need to be a head coach in this league,” Mahomes said. “I know
    he’s had the interest, but you know he will still be 100 percent in on what we
    are doing here. He would be an amazing coach, but I’m excited I still have him
    here right now.”Many of those traits are the same ones that catapulted Pederson
    and Nagy to head coaching jobs.Pederson parlayed his success under Reid into the
    top job in Philadelphia, where he once played quarterback for him. He wound up
    leading a team featuring backup quarterback Nick Foles to a Super Bowl title,
    and now has them back in the divisional round of the playoffs.Nagy inherited a
    struggling Chicago Bears franchise and went 12-4 and won the NFC North, and was
    a double-doinked field goal away from joining Reid in the divisional round (at
    what would have been Pederson’s expense).Those are just the latest branches in
    Reid’s impressive coaching tree, too.John Harbaugh led the Baltimore Ravens to a
    Super Bowl triumph and rebounded from an ugly start this year to return to the
    playoffs. Ron Rivera has a Super Bowl appearance with the Carolina
    Panthers [url=http://www.authenticsatlantafalcons.com/cheap-qadree-ollison-jersey]Qadree
    Ollison Jersey[/url] , while Steve Spagnuolo, Todd Bowles and Sean McDermott
    have had varying levels of success.“Who you start with really makes a big
    difference,” Harbaugh said. “If you start with people that do it the right way —
    good people, teach you the right things — it gives you a chance, gives you a leg
    up. And Andy, for me, was a big part of that in every way.”Bieniemy has spoken
    numerous times about the opportunities that Reid has afforded him. Bieniemy was
    serving as offensive coordinator of Colorado, his alma mater, when Reid plucked
    him away to coach his running backs in Kansas City. And once Pederson and Nagy
    moved on to bigger things, Bieniemy was the easy choice for Reid to make his
    third offensive coordinator in four years.He’s proven himself just as creative
    as his predecessors, too, coming up with unique ways to use exotic formations.
    But his demeanor is far different. Pederson and Nagy were generally low-key,
    while Bieniemy’s voice can be heard quite clearly across three practice
    fields.Yet that unbridled intensity only seems to engender more devotion from
    his players.“He’s very detailed and he pays attention to everything,” Ware said.
    “If you take a look at his resume and the players he’s coached, and the way they
    play football, each and every play they get out there on the field. Having an
    entire offense with that same mentality is pretty exciting.”It’s been pretty
    productive, too.NOTES: Shortstop Eric Berry (heel) did not practice Wednesday
    after working out on a limited basis the previous day. He missed the
    regular-season finale after spending the previous few weeks getting up to game
    speed. … OLB Dorian O’Daniel (foot/ankle) also did not practice
    Wednesday.100<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button>
    Gallery:View from the sidelines: NFL cheerleaders 2018Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports
    | Raj Mehta DENVER — The Kansas City Chiefs are taking the bubble wrap off
    rookie quarterback Patrick Mahomes II in their regular-season finale at Denver,
    where the Broncos are taking another look at Paxton Lynch, who’s in danger of
    being their most disappointing first-round pick since Marcus Nash in
    1998.Mahomes, chosen 10th overall in the 2017 draft out of Texas Tech, spent all
    season watching and waiting while Alex Smith led the league with a 104.7 passer
    rating and topped 4,000 yards passing for the first time in his 13th NFL season
    — and likely his last in Kansas City.Having clinched the middling AFC West
    again, the Chiefs (9-6) have the luxury of sneaking a peek at their future
    quarterback while resting other starters before the playoffs begin next
    week.“We’re in a position where we can do
    that [url=http://www.authenticsbuffalobills.com/cheap-ed-oliver-jersey]Ed Oliver
    Jersey[/url] ,” coach Andy Reid said. “It gives the kid some experience, that’s
    the reason. Listen, the Broncos are a good football team, real good defense.
    It’ll be a great experience to play against that crew.”Denver’s defense is
    ranked second, behind only Minnesota’s.“There is nothing else better than
    getting to go against the best,” Mahomes said as he prepared for his first NFL
    start.“I’m not eager to play the second guy,” said Broncos star linebacker Von
    Miller. “He is the guy of the future, though. So, it’s good to go and play
    against him for the future. But you just would like the circumstances to be
    totally different.“You would like this game to mean more than what it means, and
    you would like for all of the starters to play. I would like a lot of different
    stuff to happen in 2017, and it didn’t happen.”The Denver offense was
    dismal while featuring a rotation of quarterbacks, poor play up front and a lack
    of depth behind wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and running back C.J. Anderson,
    both of whom can reach 1,000 yards Sunday.The Broncos (5-10) are missing out on
    the playoff party for a second straight season.They flopped under rookie coach
    Vance Joseph, losing eight in a row for the first time in a half century, and a
    so-far dismal draft class led by offensive tackle Garett Bolles, who leads the
    league in holding penalties.Lynch, Denver’s top pick last year, sprained his
    left ankle in his only start against Oakland on Nov. 26, when he threw for just
    41 yards, and offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave said Lynch was still gimpy at
    practice this week.Joseph said he doesn’t care if Lynch is facing backups, “you
    need something to go on. The more he plays, the better he is going to get. I
    think it’s one part
    evaluation [url=http://www.authenticsbuffalobills.com/cheap-cody-ford-jersey]Cody
    Ford Jersey[/url] , but it’s one part getting him ready for his future, also.
    It’s not a waste at all.“It’s going to be good for him to go play for the
    evaluation and for the personal growth as a quarterback.”Other subplots Sunday
    as the Chiefs seek their first five-game winning streak over the Broncos since
    1970-73:131<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button>
    Gallery:View from the sidelines: NFL cheerleaders 2017Aaron Doster-USA TODAY
    Sports | Aaron DosterMOVING ONLynch may be down to his last chance to impress
    the Broncos. General manager John Elway and his top deputy Matt Russell began
    their tour of college quarterbacks on the sideline at the Potato Bowl in Boise,
    Idaho, where they scouted Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen.“I didn’t even know
    they were out there doing any of that,” Lynch said. “I really wasn’t paying any
    attention to it.”The Broncos could be moving on from any or all of their
    quarterbacks, including Trevor Siemian, in 2018.“I’ll say this, we’ve had three
    starters this year,” Joseph said. “It’s not ideal at all. We have to fix and
    rectify that position.”HOT SEATAn even bigger debate in Denver is whether Joseph
    deserves a second season and if Elway will be looking for his fourth head coach
    in five seasons.Of the six job openings in 2016, Joseph inherited what was
    largely considered the best situation with the Broncos coming off a 9-7
    season.While the Broncos were nose-diving to their worst season since their
    awful AFL days, Doug Marrone’s Jaguars, Sean McVay’s Rams, Anthony Lynn’s
    Chargers and Sean McDermott’s Bills all wrangled for playoff berths and Kyle
    Shanahan’s 49ers overcame an 0-9 stumble to win five of their past six.IN THE
    HUNTWith 1,292 yards rushing, Chiefs rookie running back Kareem Hunt is 13 yards
    behind the Rams’ Todd Gurley and a yard ahead of Pittsburgh’s Le’Veon Bell for
    the NFL rushing title. The Rams, Steelers and Chiefs are all in the playoffs, so
    there’s no telling how much work any of the three running backs will get.ON THE
    RISEThe Chiefs went through their own prolonged slump after a 5-0 start. They
    lost six of seven, including four straight, before bouncing back to win their
    past three games and clinch another division crown.“We flopped there for a few
    games and weren’t looking too good, so I’m proud of everybody sticking
    together,” Reid said.