Bug Report

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Bug Report
  • Hey Raphael 

Its back - pesky public project problem persists ... presently.
  • Just saw Austin Powers 1st movie recently again and it put me in the right frame of mind to inquire about the public projects list, So when you read below, imagine it in a a "Dr. Evil" voice.

Right.  So, ok, how long does it take to fix a sorting problem ?  Its not like I asked for killer sharks with frickin' laser beams strapped to their heads, I mean honestly, who throws a cupcake ?
  • Hi irockus,

I have another fix currently in test. I've relaunched the service so this should be fixed temporarily.
  • Thanks Raphael  ! 
  • I am getting the "There was an error during installation! message immediately after accepting the terms. 
    Any chance you can help me with this?

MacBook Pro 
    Os Version 10.9.4
    2.4 Gh I7
    16 GB 1333Mhz DDR3
  • rennmusic said:

I am getting the "There was an error during installation! message immediately after accepting the terms. 

Any chance you can help me with this?

MacBook Pro 
    Os Version 10.9.4
    2.4 Gh I7
    16 GB 1333Mhz DDR3

• Anybody here to help?

• The guys are getting ready for the A3E convention (http://www.a3exchange.com/) and I'm afraid you won't get answered by the team about your issue before the week after. I the meantime don't hesitate to drop a mail to support@ohmstudio.com with details so you get sure to received an answer at this time.
  • Why can't I post comments on my own songs ?
  • I get this message

Your IP address has been blocked by our spam filter.

You are currently not allowed to post content to Ohm Studio, as previous content posted by your IP address (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) has been flagged as potential spam.

If you have not posted spam to Ohm Studio, please report this error along with your IP address to a site administrator. We apologize for any inconvenience.

• Hey - anyone there ?
  • irockus said:

Hey - anyone there ?

• In case there is anyone monitoring this forum, I would be interested in being able to post again.  I opened a ticket with support as well.

Pink Floyd:  "Hello .... is there anybody in there .... just nod if you can hear me ...  is there any one at "Ohm" ?
  • New issue  (old issue I am sure)

Why can someone rejoin a project if they have been kicked ?  
    Repeated kickings seem silly to allow.  

• irockus said:

I get this message

Your IP address has been blocked by our spam filter.

You are currently not allowed to post content to Ohm Studio, as previous content posted by your IP address (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) has been flagged as potential spam.

If you have not posted spam to Ohm Studio, please report this error along with your IP address to a site administrator. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply. I was in Quebec!

We installed a spam filter which do a good job avoiding spams. But it does it sometime too zealously. Sorry for that. You did well contacting support.

• irockus said:

New issue  (old issue I am sure)

Why can someone rejoin a project if they have been kicked ?  
    Repeated kickings seem silly to allow.  

This is indeed an old issue. Invitations do not expire. This is in our bug list...

• Another Old Issue coming back to haunt - Profiles not being updated, neither content nor avator updates made in browser are making it to the main ohm application - this is what you replied with last time

• Hi Irockus,

Sorry for the late reply. The "profile updates" bug is identified and more investigation needs to be done. The investigation I have conducted for now is not enough. What I know for now is that the bug is on the server side.
    • Hi Irockus,

As a quick workaround, I've restarted the service. This won't correct the bug if you change your profile, but your profile should now be up-to-date.

• Fixed !! - Thank You !!
  • Public project list tab in main app not showing updates again.  please run job to fix index.
    Why does this bug/problem keep coming back ?
  • Public project tab listing not updating  - please fix  ASAP  !!!    Thank You !!
  • Fixed now and thank you !
  • My project hangs with the spinning disc when I try and open it
    Project home page for "Get Me Back On-Line" (ironic eh?)
    https://www.ohmstudio.com/node/254572
    It occurred after a couple of contributors added some tracks.
    My OS is MAC OS X 10.6.8 with 1GB memory.

Other projects are fine.
    Please Help!!

• That page is opening fine for me.  Tried Ctrl-F5 to refresh cache?

Fun track, by the way!  Could do with some bass... then some drums...
  • The home page is fine. Please try opening the project

• Hi,

Logged in to Dashboard, hit the Dashboard open button, logged into OhmStudio, hit the OhmStudio open button, project got displayed okay.  Sounds even better!

I don't get the "spinning disc" though.

-- Peter
  • The problem has been fixed. I let the load take it's course. Had a shave then a shower and returned just in time to see the project load. Probably took 20 minutes. The problem went away when I deleted a MIDI track that had been created. The delete of the MIDI took about 5 mins. It is back to normal now.
  • I'd guess the MIDI was trying to render and upload an audio version of the track it was on.  It has to do that for people without the triggered instrument.  (Even for the built-in ones, as they differ by subscription version.)

But it's not meant to stop you working.  You should have been able to carry on around the processing.
  • Hi,

I un-installed Ohm because it wouldn't load, and now can't re-install it. After the files get extracted and I click on RUN, the Ohm icon just goes away.
  • I am constantly getting "Ohm Server Not Reachable". I tried re-installing but no luck. I am using Mac 10.7.
    Is there a URL or IP address for the Ohm Server (Not www.ohmstudio.com) so that I can try ping or traceroute?
    My broadband has been up for 10 days so that has not changed since I last successfully logged in.
    I really love Ohm Studio and now feel lost without it.

Please Help!
  • I seem to have fixed it.
    Nslookup was returning an IP for www.ohmstudio.com that was 213.120.234.146
    This is actually an IP belonging to BT (My ISP)
    a lookup for ohmstudio.com returned 50.16.185.39
    So I put this in /etc/hosts
    50.16.185.39 www.ohmstudio.com
    It works now
    I guess BT has screwed up somewhere.
    I'll re-boot my modem at some time and see if the problem is fixed with needing a local hosts entry

• Hi, i use ohm studio for 3 months, it worked until i put "yosemite" update on my imac. since i did that, it doesn't want to open….Please anybody help?Tha,k you
  • I have owned OHM for a few years and I have beta tested the program. My suggestion to you is find another DAW. There is no customer service now, no tech support, an endless number of user complaints, and less development for the paid version than there was for the beta. OHM is a failure and a waste of money. The user community has abandoned OHM just as much as the developers.
  • Every mail are answered though. If you want sure to be answered that's the way. Answered does no mean fixed of course but at least you have a lead. Also offline mode is being alpha tested right now. You might expect some changes in near future.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just a little one, I find my showcase is getting auto populated, which is fine but it is being auto populated with projects I have tagged as hidden/private/closed which are really ideas and not meant for the world to hear!
  • The showcase bug is a known one and it will be taken care of soon.
  • greetings,
    I am new to Ohm Studio, and cannot login to Ohm Studio, every time it says it cant reach the server. I can log in to the website easy, but cant even get into the program. I have a Dell 8700 Haswell, 32GB, Win 8.1 pro, 2 monitors. Please help.

Thanks,
    Rob

• that was an issue on the server, most likely. Should work now.
  • Hi Guy. I have a great trouble with UVIWorkstation !

UVI released a cool offer for a cool bank for fre, so i signed for it.
    It required making update to 2.5.12 minimum <--- i did this.

Now i made the bank download but i try to open some project to check if UVI works again with OhmPlug... and then... suprise !!! The plugin is no more recognized by Ohm Studio (seems to work as standalone), i mean Ohmstudio think it's not installed at all !!!

So... did you have some way to enable it whatever the UVI version is, please... i know i could reverse but i may want to use the new synth pack i acquire ... ??
  • 4/26/2016 - 9:55am cst - Ohmstudio down - can't login
  • We're on it. Thank you.
  • Your forums have been hacked.
    Chinese spammers.

I politely ask ... and believe me, this is being polite at this stage ...

wtf is going on with ohmstudio ?

Have you abandoned this product/service ?   I cant get another person to join and pay for subs because you cannot patch fix anything, provide timely support,  maintain your own forums, or communicate tyo your own end-user base about the future of ohmstudio with any level of detail - frankly I cannot blame them, can you ?

Is ohmstudio for sale ?, and if so, how much are you asking ?
  • Hey irockus. Thanks for warning about the spam. It is removed now.

As for your others points, I hope Red will come here in a few days and make an official answer about it.
  • Please have mercy.  Tech issues are supposed to be under Leave Feedback, but I have no Leave a Comment button in the Leave Feedback section.  My issue is:  I can hear audio I record, but I can't hear MIDI.  There are no options in the MIDI Preferences for designating a MIDI output, so I have no idea how to fix this.  (To interpret the MIDI, I'm using the MIDI workstation software that comes with Ohm.)
  • I just realized that I am no longer able to run under Windows 10, and attempts to reinstall are failing.

Any ideas on how to proceed?  I followed the link to leave feedback after the installer failed and have no idea how to proceed
  • @staudtgc: UVI workstation works with MIDI, it doesn't provide it. MIDI comes from your physical MIDI input, typically a keyboard connect either via USB to your computer or via Midi cable to your Audio Interface. That being said, you can edit the score without a Midi device, just by editing the piano roll clips. Just check the documentation :)

Ohmstudio certainly works on Windows 10 (my main OS). Please mail support@ohmstudio.com and provide screenshot or video recording of the failed reinstallation process (also your computer basics, pc or mac, OS, etc.)
  • Sorry, @red_force, I must not have been clear.  I'm not expecting Ohm to provide MIDI and it doesn't have any trouble recording from my MIDI keyboard.  The problem is I don't hear the output.  Audio plays through my speakers but MIDI doesn't, nor does it give any options for recognizing Windows' sound card to interpret the MIDI, as other DAWs do automatically.  (And how can I edit the piano roll clips unless I can hear what I'm doing?)
  • cannot unlink facebook page
    anyone knwo how too