How can I receive fewer Arlo notifications?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I receive fewer Arlo notifications?
  • To reduce the number of unwanted notifications that you receive:

Position your camera so that it does not pick up the motion that is triggering the camera to notify you. 
    For example, if Arlo is notifying you about cars passing in the street, aim your camera so that the street is outside the camera's field of view. If you are using an Arlo Q or Arlo Q Plus camera, you can also create motion detection zones for your camera to focus on.
    For more information about camera positioning, see How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?. For more information about motion detection zones, see What are Zones and how do I create them for my Arlo Q camera?.
    If you are unable to position your camera so that the field of view only includes motion that you care about, reduce your camera's motion sensitivity instead. 
    You must reduce your camera's motion sensitivity in the rules for each mode in which you receive unwanted notifications. For more information about finding the right motion sensitivity setting, see How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free cameras?. For more information about how to adjust your camera's motion sensitivity, see How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo cameras?.