Multi timbral instruments

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Multi timbral instruments
  • I don't know if it's possible to use multitimbral vst, so that I can have 16 midi tracks routed to channel 1-16 of the multitimbral vst (as Sampletank, Kontakt, Omnisphere, Stylus and many other).

Thanks

Feng
  • so far no. they are working on it.
  • i'm looking forward to this - usually i only use kontakt...
  • Has this been implemented yet?
  • Yes it has. You can pick a midi channel for each sub track. 

Also about your question on the main chat soundmagus, here's the answer I gave on the exact same question on facebook :)

Bottom
    right, modular view. Here you can create your bus manually and connect
    them to each outputs of kontakt. Note that until next update you have to
    put an fx to create a volume bus (you can destroy the fx and keep just
    the volume bus if you want). Next update (release!) will make it much
    more straightforward

• I have not tried it for a while - do midi CCs in different midi channels work properly now?
    when I tried last time i recorded a mod-wheel-ride in one channel but it affected every other channel as well. Are MidiCCs still shown as little diamonds as "rough midi data"?

I'm really looking forward to the release in October!
  • Sorry but i still dont get this.

I have 8 stereo outputs from Kontakt.
    I want to use them all on separate channels in the mixer

I have created an FX and kept the volume which i have attched to the output pins in Kontakt

I still dont see how to create midi channels, draw patters for say kick, snare, hh, etc and have them on separate channels.

Mark

• ok i may well have got it now - thanks :)
  • Sorry but i still dont get this.

I have 8 stereo outputs from Kontakt.
    I want to use them all on separate channels in the mixer

I have created an FX and kept the volume which i have attched to the output pins in Kontakt

I still dont see how to create midi channels, draw patters for say kick, snare, hh, etc and have them on separate channels.

Mark

Hi,
    Here is a video that shows how to use multitimbral instruments in Ohm Studio

Thanks
  • I have not tried it for a while - do midi CCs in different midi channels work properly now?
    when I tried last time i recorded a mod-wheel-ride in one channel but it affected every other channel as well. Are MidiCCs still shown as little diamonds as "rough midi data"?

I'm really looking forward to the release in October!

Hi,

Yes unfortunately CC are still displayed as "rough midi data".
    CCs as well as automations should be thoroughly redesigned when the new audio engine is ready. In the meantime, you can use the midi import/export we have added.

Thanks

• Thanks Orange_force - appreciate it :)