great update guys

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

great update guys
  • Love the new update...man needed the snap to grid...now its so easy to go to the beginning of a measure...I needed that one badly....and also the edit button that puts you right where you want to be...actually the last two updates have been my favorites...
    the new dashboard and zoom is killer, much better...great job fellas...
    harry2611...
  • Hi Harry.

I'm glad you like the new updates :)

What should we focus on for the next updates in your opinion?

Thanks
  • Just a few things...

nice to have, along with the bars/measures in the time window...have the time elapsed, or total time of the song in minutes and seconds.
    punch in/punch out...(maybe Im missing this)

fade in/out at beginning of song and end of song (I guess this is done with volume automation on the master bus)

automation...be able to point cursor on the line in automation lanes and it shows the value (like the volume level etc....)

64 bit audio engine 

better way to record multiple takes of an instrument, then put the best parts together.
    in a single track

maybe Im missing how to do some of these things in Ohmstudio...cause I think that Ohmstudio ROCKS....

• Harry, thank you for your report. 
    Everything you list is in our crosshair. And you're right about automation on master volume.

BTW, one question: why do you like to have a 64bits audio engine? When does the 32bits engine block/frustrate you?

Yellow
  • Hi Yellow Force...
    Mainly a couple of reasons for using the 64 bit engine...one reason may be very shallow, but important to me...which is that I have some VST's that will only work on a 64 bit platform...like Halion 4...Halion 4 is a very very good VST and I am under the impression that you cannot have a 32 bit version and 64 bit version running on the same computer...(via the Steinberg message boards)...

The other reason is that Im under the impression that the 64 bit enviroment utilizes your 12GB of RAM better, and gives you more processing power...am I wrong on this?...Ive researched and read that the 32 bit environment only lets you utilize 4096GB of RAM where as the 64 bit environment is limitless as far as utilizing you RAM.
    So I guess those are the 2 main reasons...

BTW...(a shameless plug) when you get a chance go into my profile and listen to the mastered version of 'Kimber' a song that me and Jamie57lp and Diane (his girl) did....let me know what you think of the song...he he...
    thanks
    harry2611

• Hey Harry,

Ok thank you. Indeed, VST 64 support and big RAM management are two good reasons. I didn't know for Halion4. BTW, 64 bits audio engine could bring new issue. Bridges to load 32 bits plugins generally come with a lot of bugs. Then it could be buggy to load old projects. And of course, that's a lot of work. 
    But well, we'll do that one day ;-)

I commented Kimber: very nice!

++   Franck 
  • Hey Yellow...Yeah, I have run into issues with 'Bit Bridge' on my computer where it would not work properly loading 32 bit plugins into a 64 bit environment...

The 64 bit audio engine, would not make a difference at all for me, personally, on whether I used Ohm Studio or not...I would use it anyway, because I like the features and ease of use...Maybe down the line a 64 bit Ohmstudio would be prudent...

Thanks...for the song comments...the next one "Glass Encased Brain" we are  doing totally on Ohmstudio, plugins and all...I realize that this last project was a mixture of importing audio (cause I wanted to use Halion 4, a bit) and using Ohm's capabilities as a host of other plugins...but that does not really give you guys a real feeling of how the DAW is performing...so the next one, Ive made a conscience effort do the whole thing on Ohmstudio without importing audio...I'd like to see how big the project will be compared to the last one, and may give you guys a better and proper example of what Ohm is capable of...
    thanks
    harry