Lock up when installing JRE update and PD12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Lock up when installing JRE update and PD12
  • I have no idea if this is related to Ohm Studio but..! :)

I had Ohm Studio running, seemingly happy.  I decided to install the new JRE update (32bit).  The JRE installer hung and so did Ohm Studio.  I checked the task list - I had two Ohm Studios running (mp_host), so I killed one -- that didn't fix things; so I killed the other.  The JRE installer then ran to normal completion.  Ohm Studio seemed fine after restarted.

Just thought I'd let you know.
  • Well... quite strange. Thanks for this feedback. Something we should test.
  • Another day, another software install.

I installed and ran PerfectDisk12.  Nothing hung.  However, immediately the install started, Ohm Studio stopped painting its window content -- menus and border were fine and responsive - I closed the project I was working on without problem.  Minimize and restore didn't fix it - still empty/transparent.  Quit and restart (PD12 still running, minimized) and it's okay again.  Swapping between them is fine, too.

Weird stuff! :)

One thing springs to mind -- installers ask for elevated privilege to write to Program Files, etc.  I can't think how that could impact you (but it does dim the display when it happens).